Hunger Relief & Life Essentials
As a resource center for people experiencing hunger and homelessness, Shalom supports people in their greatest times of need.
Shalom provides breakfast from 8-9am and lunch from 12-1:30 every weekday (Monday through Friday). Shalom also provided emergency groceries once per household per month.
In addition, Shalom provides other life essentials to help people stabilize in times of need. These include:
- Day Shelter & Daytime Sleep Room
- Bus tickets
- Prescription Assistance
- Health Insurance Payment Assistance
- Rent and Utility Assistance
- Birth Certificates and ID Assistance
- Mailing address
- Day and long-term storage
- Copying, Faxing, and Postage
- Clothing, shoes, sleeping bags, backpacks, socks, coats, gloves, hats, and other supplies
- Toiletries, including, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, razors, and more
- Diapers, wipes, and other baby supplies
- And more…
Shalom is also visited by many community agencies who offer their services onsite. These include St Vincent de Paul, Positive Link, the VA, Indiana Legal Services, Volunteers in Medicine, and RSVP Job Links.